Just want to wish you all a lovely Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to eating myself silly today. This recipe for a Honey Pumpkin Pie will help me meet that end! It happens to be my favorite p-pie recipe ever. Enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- Beat eggs slightly in a large bowl. Blend in pumpkin, milk, cream, honey, spices, salt. Pour filling into pie shell. Cover edges of shell with strips of foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Remove foil, and continue baking for 15 more minutes. An inserted knife should come out clean when done. Cool, and serve.